Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, May 17, 2010



Our baby girl is here: Mussie Orphanage. It is located in Southern Ethiopia. It is a single story building that I believe has somewhere around 60+ orphans currently. Last night, I was researching this orphanage and found a blog of a gal who has just returned with her son from there. They were actually there when our little girl had just been placed just 2 weeks ago. It is so possible that she may have even seen her. As I read about her experience, I tried to place myself there. That is so hard to do! More though...my heart cried out. She said that the orphanage had a great need for baby clothing and that the infants and babes wore no clothes during the day but a simple cloth to apparently act as some sort of diaper. She said that the babies were placed in diapers in the evenings so as to conserve the diapers as much as possible. Instantly, I pictured our little girl with no covering. Although the picture I have of her displays her with a cute little outfit, it is highly possible that she was simply dressed for picture day. I have not stopped crying.
I could not help myself today but to run over to Goodwill and find as many onesies, tops, and outfits I could fit in my armload so that we can bring them to the orphanage. I got 17 of them. 17...that is nothing. There are so many needs. I pray for wisdom as we prepare to travel and for the means to get us there and for the treasures that we can bring them.
I will post more later of the process that is still to come. ;)

No comments: