Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fingerprints update


I made several calls to the CIS offices on Monday and through a plethora of transfers, disconnections, and onhold music, I finally was able to speak to a LIVE person. Atleast I think he was alive. He was not of much help. I explained our circumstances of receiving this odd letter with the appt date but no appt time. He said this was not the actual notice and that I needed to go to the Memphis office to find out. WHAT?? We are no where near the Memphis office! I explained that I just needed someone to confirm if an additional letter was sent that was currently en route or did something happen in the mail or did perhaps our letter have a misprint?!! In the end, he gave me an email to contact the Memphis offices. An email! I also explained how we were on a time crunch since the appt was supposedly scheduled for 4 1/2 days away!! I asked for a phone number and was informed that no local offices have public phone numbers. OKAY! I was grateful I had internet access and a current email account.
After the phonecall, I emailed them. No response of course...for several days. However, to our great surprise, within hours of this entire ordeal, Chris brought in the mail and guess what was on top? Our fingerprint appointments with a date and time!! They were printed on official watersealed government paper. I had to immediately email the CIS in Memphis again and ask them to 'disregard previous email!'
In the end, actually later that evening as I was recounting the events and my anxiety, etc...the Lord clearly spoke to me that I should have trusted him more. Yes, Lord....I should have.
We look forward to our appt on Friday. It is at 8am..so we will have to travel with the kids early early to get through the school zones and rush hour traffic, but we will make a morning of it! We are just grateful the letters finally arrived in the mail.

No comments: