Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, March 1, 2008

CIS Fingerprints- CHECK!

We can totally check this one off the list! DONE! Friday morning we rose early, smuggled the sleepy kiddos into the car with a breakfast snack, and headed downtown in the pouring rain. Through the school zones and rain and rush hour traffic, it took us nearly an hour to get there. I was doubting my husband's insistence that we leave that early..but truly, we needed to (sorry honey!). We got there just in time. There were quite a few applicants already standing in the drizzly rain waiting for the doors to open. By the time we parked the car, the doors opened and we hopped in the back of the line with kids in tow. There were a couple of not so nice employees...but overall, our experience was rated, "good". We had to fill out a survey and I did mention that I sure wished our greeter had atleast made it appear he enjoyed his job more. I just said a quick prayer. I cant imagine working in such a tense environment. The documents have to be perfectly inline, every name correct, every t crossed, and I dotted. The fingerprints have to be done perfectly as well. For me, she had to redo them several times. Apparently I have soft prints that dont show up as well.
One of the staff told Chris that the couple before us was also adopting from Ethiopia. We had no idea. It was not the environment for chatting. As a matter of fact, Liam got reprimanded for not staying in his 'zone'. Yikes! I thought they might throw us out the way he pointed his finger at our toddler. At one point, when we were standing in another line, Chris and I were instructed to line up against the wall (as opposed to casually standing about 3 feet from the wall in a not so straight line!) Yikes again! We were glad when it was over. It took 45 minutes from beginning to end.
To really top it all off, we were all treated to a nice hot breakfast at IHOPS. Thanks Dad!

No comments: