Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Adoption update=>delays and new sw

We got a letter in the mail the other day from our local agency. I actually handed it to Chris not wanting to read it. He said, "What do you think it will say?" I responded, "probably that we have a new social worker!" That is EXACTLY what it was. To our dismay, they had given us another sw because our 2nd one was an intern and her time at the agency had come to an end. If you can remember, our first one tragically died during childbirth earlier this year.
Needless to say, this was not welcoming news. Due to the 4th of July holidays, we couldnt call the offices until yesterday. In a tear filled phonecall, I explained with the best of selfcontrol that I could muster, why I felt our family had not only been tossed around like a hot potato, but in light of the numerous mishaps, misinformation, and delays, we felt like our case was not being taken seriously. I did my best to convey how this is a life-changing event for our family not simply a decision to buy new windows for our house (I didnt use those words but I think she got the picture through my crying..) In the end, the agency's main sw whom I was talking to, decided to take on our case herself. THANK YOU!
I feel like we are getting back on track again..however, I will feel better when our dossier is actually in ET.
In addition to the letter from the agency, we got a letter from immigration services stating that our homestudy did not have the right wording to state that our home was safe for a child. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! This goes back to our first and second social workers. UGH.. Anyway..that is being fixed and an addendum is being sent in the mail 'right away'.
So...how do we stay encouraged? How do we not lose hope? I remind myself that I have only just begun the process. There are many families (including some friends) out there who have been waiting for years for their precious babe from China. There are some families whose countries have just been shut down. Some families whose agencies were false and their monies stolen. My momentary troubles do not compare to these stories and I am humbled. I am reminded that God is in control. I pick myself up off my knees and wipe the tears from my eyes and trudge forward again and I thank God for my agency and for these people who have acted on my behalf and I pray that they are blessed for their work and faithfulness...and then I get back to my day.

5 comments:

Troy said...

Hi ... I was informed of your journey from your dad Daryl as we go to church with him at World Outreach. We are just starting the journey ourselves for our Ethiopian child ... we will pray for clear paths foward for you guys. Just remember that they are speed bumps and not road blocks - that God has the perfect girl at the perfect time for you that will be coming home soon!

Troy said...

Hey guys ... my email is troy@ascendrealtysolutions.com. Feel free to email me and we can exchange contact info.

Unknown said...

I have learned that sometimes God has to delay things in order for us to catch up to His timing. It is about your child and what is going on with him/her right now. In the end you will see how all roads led to this particular child God has picked out and His timing is always perfect. It will all make sense later.

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

hi-found your blog and would love to talk to you. we live in tn as well, and have two bio. daughters. we just sent in our application 2 weeks ago to adopt a son from ethiopia. so, we are just beginning our journey! i'd love to speak to you through email. we don't know anyone in our small town that has adopted and am really wanting to meet others near us so we'll have a little "network"! if you get a change shoot me an email. thank you!
sarah
grace2lilly@gmail.com
www.graceandlilly.blogspot.com

Troy said...

Hey guys - I hope all is well. Any new updates on your end? Anything we can be praying for?