Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, July 25, 2008

Dossier is in review

We spent the better part of yesterday in Murfreesboro getting our Dossier documents signed and notarized. About 30 minutes before we were supposed to meet our (new) social worker for this event, I discovered some discrepencies in the names on the documents. Some have my full name including my maiden name,some don't, some have Chris' middle name, some don't, some have a mixture of the two, some don't. I have read blogs of families who have gotten over there and when they were ready to take home their child, there were typos or strange things wrong with their paperwork. My fear (that I have to subside) is that it will happen to us.
After a panicked phone call and email to the main agency in Minnesota, we were still not sure how to resolve this. The reason is that some documents have been filled out by banks, employers, friends references, doctors,etc. These are the documents that cannot be easily changed. They all have different names. Some, like my passport and the tax statements cant be changed at all. Even our homestudy called me by my first name which I do not go by. I was all in a 'tizzy' as we left to the appt. Our sw was really not sure of the degree of strictness in the name situation. She went ahead and notarized everything with a few notarized 'extras' just in case we need to switch a few out. It is like everything depends on these signatures. Our daughter..bringing her home is dependant on the black and blue ink that covers these white pieces of paper. ..and if there is one typo....ugh.
We faxed the dossier to the agency in MN for review and we are praying that they are not only sufficient but found excellent. After this gets approved, we have to get county certifications to prove they are real and then get state certifications to prove they are even more real! This will then get officially sent to MN and we will prayerfully be placed on the waiting list.

No comments: