Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, August 4, 2008

134 copies and a couple of days later


TODAY, TODAY, TODAY, Our dossier was mailed off to the agency! Late on Friday, I missed a nap to make 134 copies! It took about an hour to stand in Kinkos and one by one make copies of everything in our dossier, including our passport pics, money orders, checks, birth certificates, etc. At one point, I thought, This is crazy! I am going to put these through the feeder instead of doing each page, one by one. However, THAT thought was the crazy one. On the first document as it went through the feeder,the copier stopped running for a second and made this strange sound and my heart dropped to the floor. I thought it had eaten the page. This was a certified, notarized piece of history. I quickly snapped into sanity and retrieved the document as fast as I could and went back to copying one by one. There is no telling what my face looked like on their cameras! Slight panic and fear had to top the list!
Anyway, last night after dinner, we put all the documents in their very specific order and crammed them in the best fitting Fed Ex envelope. We sealed it up and with tears prayed over that precious package. It was a sweet moment as all of us, including Liam, placed our hands on it and lifted it up to the Lord. Liam even had 3 special words over it. We are not sure what he said because it was in his own language, but he was quite serious as he bowed his head and bellowed out a prayer. Evan was so sweet as he lifted up the package in prayer and his 'little sister'. He talks so plainly about her as if she is already in our midst.
We are believing for some great things as we plunge forward. It has been a long time coming to this moment. As a matter of fact, it has been 7 months. Our preliminary thoughts were that we would have already reached this milestone by April. BUT...again, I know that God is in control. Only he knows the perfect timing of when our little one is to be in our arms.
Oh Joy...is all I have to say!!

1 comment:

Troy said...

That is AWESOME! Congrats! I can't imagine the relief you guys have...