Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, August 25, 2008

I-171H Form Approved!

We received this form on Thursday! It was a sweet moment to see the envelope's return address from the government. When I opened it carefully, I pulled out the folded letter that officially states that Chris and I are approved to house an orphan from Ethiopia. It has taken about 8 weeks to get this once our homestudy was approved. This is the LAST document that had to be done before we could receive a referral. There is nothing holding us back now from getting the referral of our beautiful daughter except TIME.
Our friends from church leave in a week to pick up their precious son from ET. You can read all about their amazing journey here, The Putty Family. We are praying for them to have a fabulous and safe trip. I cant wait to see their pictures. She is a professional photographer by trade, so I am anxious to get their story told through the beauty of pictures. I am curious and excited to see the land and people where my daughter is coming from. I want to go there, now. I want to smell the land, the air, the foods. I want to hear the music and the voices. I want to see the eyes, the smiles, the faces. I want to touch the clothes, the water, the homes. I just want to be closer to her, to her heritage, to her family, to her caregivers. We pray daily for her. Our thoughts and prayers are never far.
Okay..I digress. The good news..the update...the moment we have been waiting for (at this stage) has come....We got the I-171H...and that is GREAT!!

1 comment:

Troy said...

That is AWESOME! CONGRATULATIONS!!!