Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, July 2, 2012

She has been moved!!

Just heard this morning that sweet Syra Tadelech has been moved to Addis to Shalom orphanage! So grateful she has made it. I am assuming all went well with the move. I would love to know how she did on the half day trek. Wonder what she was thinking. Wonder who was holding her. ..no car seats! Wonder if she cried. Wonder if she got an upset stomach like her momma. Wonder how her nannies did. My heart saddens to think that they will not get to see her again. I can only imagine. What beautiful ladies. My prayer is that the Lord would bless these ladies that dedicate their days and nights taking care of these precious little ones; these moms in interim that get up in the wee hours to feed them and that sleep on a mat on the hard floor in their nursery so that they are right there. Syra has been well taken care of. Glad she is safe and sound. Trusting in my Lord that His angels are all around, entertaining, loving, comforting her. Here are some pics we received finally today of our visit in the orphanage. I noticed they only sent us four of the dozen or more pix. oh well. I am grateful for the reminder of that precious day.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Hey Cottrels, read your most recent post, as I was searching the internet about Shalom orphanage in Addis. Our two and a half year old girl (Birtukan) also was just recently moved to Shalom. No doubt, our two little ones have interacted, and I prayed for your baby girl before I wrote this. I have complained about our wait (about 3 and a half years) but it appears you guys have waited even longer. God's blessing upon you and your little girl as you complete this stage and move on to the next - with her in your arms.

Tim Grieco
tgrieco@eckertseamans.com

Darlene said...

Hi :) I am darlene, tim's wife. He introduced me to your blog and it has been a fun half an hour reading (and reliving) the ethiopian experiences. Anyways, we were curious what agency you are going through. I'd love to share our thoughts. If you'd like to check out our blog head on over to www.promiseforaprincess.blogspot.com. hope to hear from you (grieco37@gmail.com). Blessings! Darlene