Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

We are coming Syra!!

We are packing and leaving in less than 2 full days. The countdown begins!! We got the call last Thursday and it has been a whirlwind of activity. First of all, I guess I was thinking it might not ever happen. Even though everything has been looking good, historically, I have been so very disappointed throughout this entire process, that I have been preparing myself deep inside to just prepare for the worst. Probably not very optimistic of me. BUT I have been optimistic since November of 2007. I mean SUPER optimistic. I never expected in my wildest dreams that we would have opposition or ugly words from family members, or have our social worker pass away, or experience the devastating loss of not one, but two referrals, or my hubs have a heart attack, or have over 15 social workers on our case,. I mean, seriously...this is NOT what we expected at all. AT ALL!! I am still cautious. I am still protective of my heart. BUT don't get me wrong, I am SO very excited. I can't wait to hold her. I can't wait to tell her that I am her momma. I can't wait to hold her close and soothe her tears. We are days away. Let me just say though that we are not out of the reaches of the enemy's attacks. Last night, we got confirmation that Delta is helping pay for a portion of our travel due to employee benefits, however, they are only able to get us there. They are not able to confirm seats back home. SERIOUSLY?!!! SO, please be praying for favor on our standby tickets. We need to get home. I do not want to get stuck in Dubai. Chris called me this morning and informed me that he was hit by a deer at 2am while headed to work. ..crushed the front end of his car. REALLY?!!! PTL that he is okay..but really?!!!! No problem. I know the Lord has got this..but REALLY??? My emotions are high. I have cried every day. :) Today, my sweet neighbor blessed me with goodies just the perfect size for Syra. The other day, a sweet friend blessed me with her full days earnings. My sister just spent the entire day today running around with me tying up loose ends and shopping...fixing up nursery, groceries, etc..all the while calming my spirits and listening to my little worries and concerns that pop up. She could have been having fun :). I can not express the thanks enough..the love that I feel from my heavenly Father. I cry. Time is drawing near and my focus..other than packing and getting prepared, is loving on my kids and making sure that they are feeling super loved. Lord, protect them while we are gone and fill them up with all things good and let the time pass by quickly for them. I am so thankful for my mom and sis who will be taking care of the farm while we are away. ..the chicks, and dogs and kitten and kids..along with school and meals, etc. whew. Bless them Lord. Prayers appreciated for this final journey to bring her home. We will be posting updates on FB as that is the most reliable. Hopefully will get to post some on here too. off to pack some more!!!

No comments: