Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, March 28, 2008

Fingerprints done....for good

Thursday afternoon, I revisited the CIS offices for a reprinting of my fingertips. The first ones apparently did not take well, so I received a notice to have them retaken. I was not thrilled by this news as my first appointment was far from exciting. However, as I was preparing to walk into the building, I looked at this as a new opportunity to try to get the man at the counter to smile. As some of you may know from my previous blog, this gentleman was far from polite and received an honest comment card from me regarding the less than satisfactory services that had been provided. This time, he smiled! I was initially greeted with his snippy "Do you have a cell phone with you? Where is your paperwork?" But, without hesitation, I immediately gave my biggest smile and answered his questions with lighthearted responses. I began to explain that this was my second visit and suddenly we began to converse. His face began to soften and he even cracked a joke or two. I was surprised that he was even sharing detailed information with me. He explained that the reason my prints needed to be retaken is probably because of my frequent handwashing. Due to the fact that I was a health professional and now a SAHM/artist, I have no doubt washed my fingerprints nearly away. He did reassure me that this would be the last time I would have to come. He said usually the CIS gives up after the second try and they take the best prints they can get.
I forgot to mention that I was seen right away. My first visit was 45 minutes long. I believe Thursday I was in and out of there in 15 minutes. Overall, I gave them an "excellent" rating this time. The entire staff was having a great day...and it showed.

No comments: