Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Fingerprint Blues

The day started early with a complete tear-drawing disappointment as our adoption agency told us to come to a class to hear families share about their journey of adopting from Ethiopia, and then cancelled the families coming because they didnt think anyone was going to show up..even though we signed up to come!!! It was a complete shock. I will refrain from sharing any comments on how I feel about our social worker who completely dropped the ball on this one. We drove in from out of town early this morning, made arrangements for our three kiddos to be watched during the two hour event and all to discover that steps had not been taken to confirm our place at the meeting. ugh...the good news is that I was able to shrug off my frustration with a little shopping at a new store before heading to pick up the kids. It was enough time away to gather my thoughts and just grab a smile from within as the sun began to shine on my face.
By the time I arrived in the driveway at home, I was slammed with more disappointing news. My fingerprints apparently were not savvy enough for the CIS. Ugh... so I have to go back and get them retaken in a couple of weeks. Sigh...
This is what I do know. God led us into this journey and He will certainly provide the way for it to all fall into place. This is just a bump in the road...or two. Sigh...
Somedays I am just tired of bumps!

No comments: