Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Them there are fight'n words...


I am a fan of Joyce Meyer ministries and all her words of wisdom and her books and podcasts. She is an amazing speaker with a fascinating testimony. I have been through a couple of her biblestudies and have two devotional books of hers that I love. They are called, "Ending Your Day Right" and "Starting Your Day Right". This morning I grabbed the evening devotional (okay it doesn't matter that it was morning!) and began to open my heart to every word I read.
On a side note, this past week has been a difficult one for our family. In a nutshell, we have been on a downward spiral with some interesting goings on within our spiritual community. Without saying too much, it has simply been attack after attack on our family. Feeling like one against one thousand has not been the easiest feat. As Chris and I have held eachother close and spoken life into eachother, we have faced the hardships of others not speaking life to us. Essentially, these others should have been speaking life, should have 'had our backs', should have been supportive but were not. As I read the devotional this morning, it tied some very simple truths that have been spoken to us over the past few days by some great friends. I have to say that our dear sweet friends, our spiritual family has been the greatest during all of this. We are humbled by God's completeness as He has provided just what we need. One word spoken yesterday by a dear friend suggested that these attacks from the enemy are on the cusp of some great things going on in our ministry. ..and further to consider that the enemy is hard on our trail to thwart the very things that God is calling us to do. During this difficult few days, I have not had the clear vision to see such. It was like a lightbulb moment..."of course!".
In further confirmation, as I get back to the devotion (sorry for digressing),Joyce Meyer confirmed, "The devil does not want you to start anything of value-and if you do manage to get started, he does not want you to finish." p284.
I have long known that the enemy will use the weaknesses in others to attack us. While it sounds like a no brainer, it is a simple concept that is easily forgotten. While it may appear that the devil himself has come in the flesh to fire his flaming arrows, the truth is that he finds a weak soul to invest in for a few days in order to attack another. There may be times that this weak soul gets a revelation and the devil moves on and then there are times that he lingers for awhile and creates strongholds. My prayer is that God would call me to my knees before the enemy could use me to tear someone down. I admit that I have work to do :).
My spirit is strengthening as I break free from the false hold that was on me. PTL that the enemy has never and will never have the authority to win. His fighting days are over. As I shout from the roof tops, I believe that great things will be happening in this spiritual community..and I believe that even greater things will be happening in the spiritual realm where those that spoke out of character and acted out of character will have their eyes opened. I am believing that the Lord would shine His light on these situations and let the truth be known so that no more darkness and trouble would be allowed to settle here. It is time to put on the fighting gloves and get to work.
If you have not had the privelege to read any of Joyce Meyers materials, I strongly encourage you to start anywhere. There is no doubt, a message for you in one of the many books and studies that she has. In addition, I encourage you to get into a strong church community where you can develop a spiritual family that can hold you up like no others can. The church was designed for just such a ministry as that. "The believers gathered together..."
Be encouraged, if nothing else, that the Lord is faithful to answer the prayers of the righteous.

No comments: