Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, June 10, 2012

A chosen day

In the wee hours of May 4th 31 years ago, my earthly father passed away in a tragic accident. I was 9 years old. Each, year, that day does not go by without memories of that moment, memories of him, memories of days gone by, the whys, why me, what ifs, and then praises for today, praises for the Lords protection, praises for His Sovereignty despite the whys. On May 4th, 2012 in the wee hours of the morning, we got the email that we had a referral!! We had gotten word the night before that they were sending it to us, but for some reason, the email would not come through. It was a sluggish internet weirdness. I kept checking my phone for the email...nothing. We went to bed..nothing..I kept checking until well after midnight...nothing. When hubs got up at 2am to go to work. I checked again. SOMETHING!! It came. I sat up..we looked together. There she was!!! Beauty. Blessed. Her name means she is blessed. No more sleep for me that night. I was up the rest of the day. I began to search her birthplace, pour over her history, and stare googly eyed at her photo. Why Lord did you choose to have us receive this precious gift on this day? I can only believe that it is because days matter. Our heavenly Father chooses every day, every moment. He is Sovereign. Nothing on this planet happens without His foreknowledge and intervention. He is ever so present in our lives, ever so knowledgeable of our comings and goings, ever so purposeful, ever so loving. I have embraced this gift of receiving her referral as a purposeful message that this day matters. Perhaps my earthly father who now resides in the Heavenlies has been assigned to watch over our baby girl, perhaps he has spoken or pleaded on our behalf, perhaps this day was simply to send a message of hope that this little girl is it. After two failed referrals, I receive that. I am cautious. I am cautiously excited and hopeful. Now the wait...the wait for the court date. We have never gotten this far before. We have gotten referrals in the past only to follow with tragic phone calls months later. "We are sorry" phone calls. We are sorry but we are taking your referral and giving her to another family because of your husbands heart attack. We are sorry but there has been a mistake and your referral has been given to another family. We are sorry. I have been nervous, anxious, and yet deep down trying to wholly and completely trust the Lord. Please dear Lord. This must be it. "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:13,14

No comments: