Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Holdover in Dubai

We are still in Dubai...It is Sunday, Aug 19 1:48am India time. We left Friday from Nash to Atl around lunch. Had a 7 hour layover in Atl. Left Atl in the evening on Friday and flew to Dubai on a 14hour flight. whew!!! And now...we have been waiting our 8 hour layover for our final flight into ET. You may ask, "Who arranged these tickets?!! Who in their right mind would schedule such wacko layovers?!!" We did. It wasnt much of a choice for us. In order for us to take advantage of Delta's employee benefit, we had to take this route. crazy. Just a few moments ago, we found out that the flight we have been waiting on cancelled. uh...."NO REASON TO PANIC!! " I tell myself. However, my heart was pounding. As I headed toward the bathroom to freshen up since the ticket counter wasn't open for another 20 minutes (the agent had to eat his snack..yup), I noticed a sign for a Prayer Room. Immediately, I imagined a little prayer room like what one might find in a hospital in America. ..a little nook that is quiet and peaceful and offers a little respite from the hustle and bustle of the environment...and then I noticed the dome shape symbol of a Buddhist temple above the sign. Okay..well maybe I can still go in there. Maybe it is a prayer room for any religion. As I passed a gazillion folks going to and from their gates, I was desperate for a little peace and quiet. I peeped around the corner and found signage that listed rules before I could enter. First of all, I needed to be male. Okay...that eliminates me right there. Then, there were a few more signs that just continued to lift red flags. My heart began to rejoice. LORD, I don't need a prayer room to cry out to you. I don't need to wear certain clothes, be a certain gender, stand or kneel a certain way. I can talk with you any time. ..even amidst the hustle and bustle. YOU can still hear me. I may enjoy quiet places...but you don't care. You are always available. Oh, Lord, I rejoice and I pray for the lost. By the way, we have been listed for a flight to ET that leaves 5 minutes later :). yippeee. On to more waiting. We have 2 1/2 hours til we get on that plane for a four hour flight to ET. okay..we are ALMOST there baby. hang in there, momma's coming!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope she is in your arms by now! Good luck with your adventure!
Dina