Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Goodnight Moon


Liam has been enjoying story time lately. I have to say that I enjoy it too. His little warm body still against my chest as his tiny fingers hold the edges of the book in anticipation of the next page. By far he has two favorites, Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you See by Eric Carle and the second which is my favorite as well, Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown. I have been reading that book for over ten years now. When Evan was born, it became our favorite quickly. We read it so much, that I could recite the whole book without turning a page. But the best part about the book is the intricate drawings. While they seem simple and nondescript, there are slight differences in each page that make you search for the characters. For example, throughout the entire book, the little mouse is moving about the room eating the mush in the bowl, watching the moon rise, etc. Or you might find the kitties playing and then snoozing later in the rocking chair. The moon rises ever so slowly from one page to the next creating this great image of time passing by while this little man says his goodnights to everything in the room. It is by far my favorite kids book and has given me thoughts of an adorable nursery with the same theme. It would be a sweet mural to adorn a nursery...(my artistic side never leaves me). I dont think that book will ever get old..or the preciousness of Liam in my lap or the memories of reading it to Evan and Lacy.

No comments: