Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Yahoo Groups

We belong to two great blog groups that have been super informative about the Ethiopian adoption process. If you are in the process and have not joined in, please consider it. They are CAFEKids@yahoogroups.com and EthiopiaAdopt@yahoogroups.com. Both groups have some fabulous attendees that share the best information. Interestingly, the hot topic this week has been over the financial weight of adoptions on families and the choice of whether or not to have a fundraiser of some sorts. The responses have been all across the board ranging from the polite encouragers to the downright firm opposers. I have enjoyed reading the responses and it has caused me to consider perhaps a fundraiser of our own. I have found two on Etsy.com that have caught my attention. I am particularly drawn to the beautiful artwork of JunkPosse who has created these beautiful silver pendants of Africa to help raise support.
From the beginning, Chris and I have planned to send out support letters to our friends and family. This is a great way to share our heart and gather support from all over the states. This support can include emotional, spiritual, and financial elements. All to create a circle of warmth around us as we prepare to bring home our daughter from Ethiopia. We hope to get those out soon. In the meantime, I am praying for some ideas of fundraising if we are called to take that route. I have no doubt that God will provide if we ask.

No comments: