Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Home Study complete

Victory!
Our homestudy is complete and we are having it sent on to our partner agency, CHSFS. We are thrilled! It did not come without a few more tears but atleast it is done. We found out today that our previous SW did not turn in valuable paper work to our partner agency a month ago. I was shocked to hear our new SW say, "they do not have this part of your application ..." WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Again, this has revealed just more items that were left very undone before our SW passed away. These were items that we were told had already been done. Our new SW called today with very sincere words of comfort as she completely understood and encouraged me to express my frustration. As we have been trying to tred lightly where our previous SW is concerned due to her untimely demise, we have not really been able to express how all of this uncompleted work and delays have affected us. Our new SW expressed that it is normal to feel frustration and even guilt during this time that we are trying to celebrate her life and continue moving forward doing jobs that she had neglected. She too expressed frustration and guilt and encouraged me to please feel free to express myself, that I would not offend her. She did say that she and her supervisor felt this case was the most important item on their docket and they are doing their best to pick up the pieces and complete it in a timely and yet excellent manner.
I appreciated her grace and words of encouragement. I cannot imagine being in her place and I pray that we continue to grow grace during this process.
As I was walking down my beautiful long driveway to get the mail with tears in my eyes, the Lord reminded me that He is in control and He has a plan. My response, "Yes, Lord." And that is exactly what I needed to hear Him whisper to me. Yes...just trust. So easy to get caught up in the moment and feel like everything you are doing is falling apart or not going 'as planned'...but truly, we are called to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight". In my bible notes, it states that "He will remove the obstacles from your pathway and bring you to your appointed goal". YAY!! Unbenownced to me, there are tons of obstacles he has already removed from this adoption path. I am grateful. I am humbled. I am loved. I am blessed. I am His child and He loves me!So, in other words...Relax! It's all under control!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your homestudy getting completed. I know that is a huge load off. We just got the "ok" on our dossier and will be mailing it to DC this week. Hooray!!

Brooke said...

Hi, we're tennesseans too! and adopted our daughter through CHS. hope your process goes smoothly!