Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, April 14, 2008

Room Service Please

My 6 year old daughter woke up early this morning as I was just sitting down for some quiet time in my favorite chair. Now, I need to set this up just a little more. She had already gotten up once, and I encouraged her to go back to bed and sleep in because it was too early to get up. Within a few minutes, she came in and saw my face of shock, both of us knowing that she had now disobeyed. She said, "Mom, I have a question." My slow and controlled response, 'yes, Lacy?"
In her sweet little voice with concern and slight frustration on her face, she said, "Mom, when am I going to get room service?" (me) "WHAT?!!!"
(Lacy) "Well, I never get it! I havent gotten room service in a long time (never) and I want to know when I am going to get it. It's just not fair. Other people get room service all the time and I never get it."
(me) "What are you talking about sweetie? Are you talking about breakfast in bed?!"
(Lacy) "Yes, Mom. I never get that. When am I going to get that, like eggs and toast and stuff when I am in bed? It's just not fair"
(me) "Okay, well kids dont get room service. I dont get it except when it is Mothers day! So, when you grow up, maybe you can get it then! We will continue to eat breakfast like normal, in our wonderful kitchen!"
(Lacy) sigh...
(me) "Now, go back to bed...." and I added a few more words about disobedience.
Am I missing something? Is the new trend to feed your children room service in bed? Hmmmm....I have totally missed the memo on that one!

No comments: